Women in Auto Car Racing
Here are a few facts about women who have been in auto car racing since a long time.
• The very first all women auto car race was organized in 1909 in New York City. The race ended in Philadelphia. A total of 12 women racers took place in this ace.
• The first women racer to race in the European Grand Prix was Maria-Teresa de Filippis. It was year the 1958.
• The youngest girl to win Soap Box Derby was Karren Stead. She was only 11 years old and it was in the year 1975.
• Janet Guthrie was the first women in the history who competed in the Indianapolis 500 Auto Race in 1977.
• Danica Patrick, Sarah Fisher and Milka Duno were the first women who qualified in Indy 500 in the year 2007.
• Danica Patrick also became the first women race to win Indy Car race in the year 2008.
• Danica Patrick was also the first women who shifted to NASCAR racing, where she ended in the 8th position in 2012.